Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update #8

LaRee is still in Critical Care. She is able to respond Yes or No by blinking! We have seen some slight movement in her neck and mouth as well. However over the last few days LaRee seems to be developing an infection. We are not exactly sure what kind of an infection it is at this point. This is concerning to the extent that LaRee's system is already very weak and an infection could complicate her condition. Our hope is that the infection will be minimal and easily contained so that LaRee may continue on the road to recovery. We will keep you posted on this in the days to come. As we visit LaRee it is a constant reminder to us that she is truly in a fragile state and needs our continued prayers and support. We know that LaRee appreciates all of your support and we as a family communicate the many wonderful emails, cards and well wishes to her on a daily basis.

Please feel free to leave your comments on this blog as we will keep them in a journal for LaRee.

Love,
Her Family

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the updates and doing the blog. We at the Sultan Dental Center want LaRee to know that she is in our every thoughts and prayers each and every day. This blog is a Godsend for us to be able to stay informed. Thank you again! Let us know if there is anything we can do. BJ
PS
Let her know I got her a copy of Brisingr, the next Eragon book. I know she'll want to read it when she can. I wanted to be sure she had her copy for her collection.

Anonymous said...

I second that! Thank you so much for keeping us updated! I do believe a prayer is being said for LaRee every min. of everday! She is such an amazing person, and has touched all of our lives. Her strength amazes me. She amazes me. She makes me want to be a better person.

Will you please tell her that Kalyse said HI! And that I miss her so much! Can't wait to see her soon! Also let her know that I see Chloe at school almost every morning and have been giving her a big hug, she is doing great! She was talking to me yesterday about having a play date with Kailey soon so they can play horses together in Kaileys room! :)
We Love you LaRee!

Can someone please let Pat know I would love to have Chloe over anytime!! 425-314-8270.
Thank you, Kalyse

Nan Whybark said...

Thank you for this blog. it helps us to not pester the family for information with phone calls, yet keeps us informed about our beloved friend, LaRee. Please let her know that her Primary class is being taken care of and she need not worry about it. She is constantly in our prayers. We love her and her family. God's blessings on each of you during this trial.
Nan Whybark=}

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to have this "place" to come and find answers to questions and something to hold on to since I live so far away and do nothing but pray for her. LaRee I love you so much! You and I have been friends forever. You are my favorite reason to come to Washington. I think about you everyday and pray for you all the time.
Have you read all of the twilight series? Breaking Dawn was great, and just the conclusion we needed. They have a space in the mall that sells Twilight Paraphernalia. Some friends of mine took a book club trip up to Forks WA in homage to Twilight! People are crazy for all the vampire love story stuff.

LaRee you are an amazing person who has touched so many people I know Heavenly Father's office is overflowing with messages about you. He will hear them. You will get better. I love you!--Denita